Cancer is a cruel disease- it doesn’t discriminate against anyone. It has taken many people from our lives. This article is to honor everyone who was taken away from us by cancer. Their memories will always remain in our hearts. Here we have compiled a list of 25 comforting and emotional lost battle to cancer quotes. We hope that these quotes will bring peace in your heart. Also, please don’t forget to share these quotes or articles with anyone who would find it helpful and supportive.
Supporting the Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honoring the TAKEN, And Never, Ever give up hope.
Also, read these quotes:
- 105 Inspirational Cancer Quotes To Stay Positive.
- 25 Best Emotional and Inspirational Cancer Quotes for Dad.
25 Comforting Lost Battle To Cancer Quotes
1. “When I hear guy lost a battle to cancer, that really did bother me, that that’s a term. It implies that he failed and that somebody else that defeated cancer is heroic and courageous.” – Norm Macdonald
2. “Share this ribbon to show your support for those fighting cancer, those who have survived cancer and those who were lost to us from this terrible disease. We will find a cure.”
3. “No one fights alone, ‘Let’s do this’, and ‘I wish cancer would get cancer and die.” – Cedrik
4. “When somebody dies of cancer, we say they
“lost their battle with cancer”
as if between the two of them,
cancer was the better,
the stronger and the smarter.
But you think about it.
If I die from cancer,
then cancer dies too.
And if I survive cancer,
cancer loses its battle with me.
CANCER NEVER WINS.
5. “Cancer has been unfortunately in my life. My mom’s best friend is kicking ass in her battle with breast cancer. Both of my grandmas had cancer. I recently lost a friend to cancer.” – Marla Sokoloff
6. “When you have seen someone physically degrade to death, trivial issues don’t matter anymore.” – Ramachandra Pai
7. “Anyone who’s lost someone to cancer will say this, that you have to struggle to try to remember the person before the diagnosis happened because they really do change – as anyone would change.” – Mindy Kaling
8. “When I was ten years old, cancer took my mother’s life away. And with her, someone deep within me died as well. Two decades later, I still miss her, of course, but now I know that souls are immortal. My mother died, but she’s not dead.”
9. “Knowing that my mom has cancer and could die any day isn’t what hurts the most. Seeing her suffer is the most painful thing I’ve ever witnessed. I feel like someone ripped my heart out of my chest.”
10. “Cancer can you please stop coming into my life? First my cousin, then my mom, then my cousin (relapse), you had to take my grandpa. Now, you’re taking my mom’s best friend? I hate you so much Cancer please stop!!”
11. “My family understands the pain of struggling with a loved one who’s suffering from blood-related cancer, and we seek to support those who are working to find a cure.” – Nadia Bjorlin
12. “The art of life is not controlling what happens to us but using what happens to us.”
13. “In loving memory of every cancer patient, family member, and friends who have lost the battle with cancer and the ones who continue to conquer it.”
14. “You may have lost your battle to cancer, but you are still my hero…” – To My Gran
15. “The very worst part of grief is that you can’t control it. The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes. And let it go when we can.”
16. “You may be gone from my sight, but you will never be gone from my heart. I will not be able to see your face, but I will always see your sweet smile.”
17. “When you die, that doesn’t mean you lost to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live.”
18. “Perhaps they are not the stars. But rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.”
19. “It takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, and a day to love them, but it takes an entire lifetime to forget them.”
20. “I lost my father to colon cancer but am happy to say I have several family members who are long time cancer survivors. Everyone needs to be pro-active and know the various warning signs. We still need to find the cures, BUT early detection and research to make detection easier at earlier stages, along with the treatments needs, is still a must. I salute all those winning the battle.” – DENNIS FRANZ
21. “Cancer takes those we love far too early. It hurts us deeply and the loss breaks our heart.”
22. “Cancer doesn’t have a face until it’s yours or someone you know.” – Anthony Del Monte
23. “Some people, many people, die of this disease, and we disrespect them when we imply, however unintentionally, that those who live through it might be better fighters. Better Warriors. Stronger People. Who stayed positive. Or told cancer where it could go.” – Tamara Rice (Breast Cancer Survivor).
24. “Cancer lost the battle against you because it originally planned to make you weaker but inadvertently made you stronger.”
25. “I have felt pain, I have endured hardship, I have suffered the loss of loved ones and I have memories I want to forget. However, these things have made me stronger and today, I face the world with a smile because I know things will.”
We totally understand that nothing in this world can ease your pain. Hope these lost battle to cancer quotes helps you to relive the strong memories of your loved ones who were once a part and parcel of your beautiful life.