Laurence Tureaud Cancer Survivor Story
- Laurence Tureaud professionally known as Mr. T was born on May 21st, 1952.
- He is an American actor and retired professional wrestler.
- He is known for his roles as B. A. Baracus in the series The A-Team and as boxer Clubber Lang in Rocky III.
- He was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma in 1995.
- After a month of treatment, he beat the lymphoma that time around.
- But unfortunately, cancer returned a year later.
- Then, he underwent several years of chemotherapy.
- Finally, he won the biggest battle of his life against the disease.
- Since then he has worked actively to raise awareness and funds for cancer.
- “‘Life is an endurance test. It’s not a fifty-yard sprint or a hundred-yard dash; it’s a marathon.”
- If he can do it, you can too.
More about T Cell Lymphoma
- NHL is a group of different lymphoid neoplasms with variable characteristics. Most NHLs, about 80-85%, arise from the B-cells while about 15% arise from T-cells or natural killer (NK) cells.
- T cell Lymphomas may be of many types as discussed in this article.
- Common symptoms of NHL include painless swelling of lymph nodes, enlarged spleen/liver, fever, night sweats, weight loss, etc
- Investigations for confirmation of diagnosis and staging include biopsy, Imaging and blood tests.
- T Cell Lymphoma treatment depends the type of NHL, stage of the disease, patient’s age, and performance status, along with other factors.
Join our community to connect with fighters and survivors across the globe.