In this article, we have compiled a list of best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in Delhi. Breast cancer treatment requires a combined multispeciality collaboration of many specialities like medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and nuclear medicine. Other specialities may also be required sometimes like plastic surgery, pain management, palliative care, etc.
So treatment of breast cancer is a multispeciality affair and a team of doctors is required so that the case is discussed in a TUMOR BOARD and the best possible decision is taken for the patient. So before deciding for the hospital to undergo treatment for breast cancer, one should gather as much knowledge as possible for some things as mentioned below-
- Whether the hospital has a surgeon who has a good experience of treating breast cancer patients and has done a good number of surgeries for the same
- Is there a medical oncologist in the hospital who has a good experience of administering chemotherapy to breast cancer patients?
- Does the hospital have an experienced radiation oncologist with all the latest equipment and technology for administering radiation therapy?
- Whether the pathologist in the hospital is trained in oncopathology and experienced in examining and reporting breast cancer.
- Does the hospital have a sufficient radiology and nuclear medicine department to carry out various imaging tests like CT scan, MRI, PET CT scan, etc?
It is not that all the patients will require all the modalities of treatment. Treatment decision will be taken based on the stage of the disease, histopathology report, performance status of the patient along with many other factors. And the final decision will be taken in a TUMOR BOARD where specialists from various specialities discuss each case in detail to come to a common conclusion.
AIIMS, Delhi (Government Hospital)
- AIIMS is one the best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in Delhi and India. It is a government hospital which aims to offer international standard healthcare services to breast cancer patients at a very affordable cost.
- Digital mammography with 3D Tomosynthesis available in the department. Mammography is type of X-Ray investigation to identify early cancers in breast tissues.
- Breast ultrasound facility also available at AIIMS, Delhi.
- AIIMS, Delhi provides latest cancer treatment methodologies to treat breast cancer including immunotherapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, personalized therapy, etc.
- Cutting edge equipment available for breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Address: Sri Aurobindo Marg, Ansari Nagar, Ansari Nagar East, New Delhi, Delhi 110029
Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute
Key features of Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute:
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Center is a well known hospital for breast cancer treatment in Delhi NCR region.
- The hospital offers leading-edge and personalized care to breast cancer patients.
- Till date, there have been 20,000 breast cancer surgeries have been performed.
- Tumor board consisting of breast cancer specialists discuss each case in detail to formulate the treatment plan.
- Breast cancer diagnostic facilites available at RGCI –
- Digital Mammography,
- MR Mammography,
- PET MRI,
- MR Mammography,
- Digital Tomosynthesis,
- MRI Guided Biopsy
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Stereotactic wire localization and Guided Biopsy
- Vaccum Assisted Biopsy.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation – most effective chemotherapy and radiotherapy is also available.
- The hospital has also started Robotic Mastectomy with most advanced Da Vinci XI system – newer minimal invasive treatment
Address: Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Rohini Institutional Area, Sector 5, Rohini, New Delhi, Delhi 110085
Also Check: Top 30 Cancer Hospitals in India List.
Key features of Dharamshila Narayana:
- Dharamshila Narayana is one of the top hospital in Delhi NCR for the treatment of advanced stage breast cancer.
- Dharamshila Narayana Breast Cancer Treatment Center has now experience of almost two decades now and is well known for its surgical services.
- State of the art infrastructure with latest technologies.
- Highest Professional Standards of Quality Care.
- Offer personalized treatment options including Breast Conservation Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Chemotherapy, Complete removal of Breast, and other latest treatment methodologies.
- Breast Cancer Screening Clinic.
- International standard operation theatres – 42 bedded ICU and 19-bedded HDU.
- Latest cutting edge technologies for breast cancer treatment available at the hospital are:
- Linear Accelators for IMRT, SRS/SRT, IGRT, Respitory Gated Radiotherapy and SBRT.
- Microselectron Digital (HDR-V3) Brachytherapy.
- Equipped with world’s best Radiotherapy Treatment systems including ERGO++ and Monte Carlo Algorithm.
- Gamma camera for Nuclear Scans.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI.
- Color Doppler Ultrasound Machines.
- HD PET-CT with Ultrafast LSO Crystal Technology.
- 1000 mA high frequency X-Ray and Computerized Radiography.
- Laboratory services available at Dharamshila Narayana Breast Cancer Treatment Center includes Histopathology, Cytology, Biochemistry, Tumor Markers, etc and is accredited by NABL.
- Blook bank with international standard facilities like Red Cell Serology, Aphaeresis, Stem Cell Harvesting, etc.
- 24 hours support services provided for breast cancer patients.
Address: Metro Station, Dharamshila marg, Vasundhara Enclave Near Ashok Nagar, Dallupura, New Delhi, Delhi 110096
Max Super Specialty Hospital
Key features of Max Superspecialty Hospital:
- Max Super Speciality is another one of the best hospitals for diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- The hospital have a Breast Cancer Disease Management Group which provides world-class care by the best specialists in Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, and Surgical Oncology.
- Well equipped Radiology and Nuclear Medicine department with a dedicated team of pathologists.
- Latest breast cancer diagnostic facilities available at the Max Super Specialty are:
- Digital Mammography,
- MR Mammogram,
- Image guided biopsies, etc.
- Expert team in the Surgical Unit of Max Breast Cancer DMG proficient in performing breast conservation surgeries, mastectomies, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsies, Vaccum assisted biopsies, and Reconstruction surgeries.
- Medical Oncology unit provides adjuvant chemotherapy and targeted therapy.
- Radiation Oncology Unit.
Address: 1 & 2, Press Enclave Marg Saket District Centre, Saket Institutional Area, Saket, New Delhi, Delhi 110017
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Key features of Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon:
- Fortis Memorial Reasearch Institute is another reputed hospital for breast cancer treatment in Delhi NCR region.
- 20-bedded chemo daycare and 22-bedded bone marrow transplant.
- The hospital is equipped with latest technologies to better diagnose and treat breast cancer. Cutting edge equipment available at the hospital are:
- Da Vinci Robot
- 3-Tesla MRI
- CT Scan
- Elekta Axesse
- Critical care program for both male and female breast cancer patients.
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is accredited by JCI and NABH.
- Lab facility at the breast cancer treatment hospital is accredited by NABL.
- NABH Certified Nursing Execellence.
- Full-fledged blood bank which is also accredited by NABH.
Address: Sector – 44, Opposite HUDA City Centre, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon
Key features of Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon:
- Medanta Hospital offers world-class expertise to offer compassionate, holistic, and comprehensive care for all breast cancer patients.
- The hospital can perform a biopsy and provide its results with 24 to 48 hours.
- Diagnostic and Treatment facilities available for various forms of breast cancer including Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, Metastatic Breast Cancer, Invasive Lobular Carcinoma, and many other ailments.
- The breast cancer treatment team at the hospital involves multi disciplinary specalists including:
- Surgical Oncologists
- Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Breast, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
- Specialized clinics for Breast Cancer including Family History Clinic and Breast Reconstruction and Oncoplastic Clinic.
- Cutting edge technologies available at Medanta Hospital:
- Cyberknife VSI Robotic Radiosurgery System,
- MRI Guided Vaccum Assisted Breast Biopsy,
- PET Scan.
- Advanced breast cancer treatment procedures:
- Breast Conservation Surgery,
- Fibroadenoma Breast Excision.
Address: Near Olympus, CH Baktawar Singh Rd, Sector 38, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
Apollo Indraprastha Hospital
Key features of Apollo Indraprastha Hospital:
- Apollo Indraprastha Hospital is another top hospital for breast cancer treatment in Delhi NCR which provides quality care to breast cancer patients as per international protocols and innovations in the healthcare industry.
- The hospitals follow comprehensive screening programs for early detection of breast cancer.
- Over the past two decades, Apollo Hospitals have performed over 50,000 breast cancer surgeries with excellent results.
- The Apollo Cancer Team for breast cancer treatment includes:
- Oncoplastic surgeons,
- Breast surgeons,
- Medical oncologists,
- Psychologists and counsellors.
- JCI accredited.
- Sophisticated equipments available at the hospital for breast cancer diagnosis and treatment are:
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System,
- PET CT,
- Cobalt based HDR brachytherapy,
- 3 Tesla MRI, etc.
- Modern breast cancer patient monitoring system.
Address: Sarita Vihar, Delhi Mathura Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110076
Key features of BLK Hospital:
- BLK Hospital is another good hospital in Delhi for metastatic and non metastatic breast cancer treatment with the help of expert oncologists and blend of latest technologies with global innovations.
- The breast oncology team at BLK hospital is expertise in performing various surgeries including breast conservation, radical resections, etc.
- Diagnostic facilities at BLK hospital for breast cancer patients:
- Digital Mammography,
- 3T Breast MRI,
- Image-guided Breast Core Biopsy,
- Sophisticated Interventional Radiology Procedures (Wire Localisation)
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Sentinel Node Evaluation (SLNB) using Gamma Probe.
- Advanced breast cancer treatment facilities:
- Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Breast Conservation Surgery and Oncoplasty for Complex Primary Tumours.
- 3D Conformal Partial Breast Irradiation (CPBI).
- Skin sparing mastectomy
Address: Pusa Rd, Radha Soami Satsang, Rajendra Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110005
Delhi State Cancer Institute (Government Hospital)
Key features of Delhi State Cancer Institute:
- Delhi State Cancer Institute is a world class hospital for breast cancer treatment which was established by the Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Prompt investigations and reporting: Patient’s investigations are done and reported on the same day.
- The hospitals caters the healthcare need of 800 patients on a daily basis.
- State of the art inhouse diagnostic and treatment facilities. Newer facilities in the pipeline including most advanced surgical facilities, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy system, etc.
Address: Dilshad Garden, Delhi 110095 (India).
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
Key features of Artemis Hospital:
- Artemis Hospital is another top cancer hospital for breast cancer diagnosis and treatment with aim to provide quality and comprehensive breast cancer care as per international protocols.
- Well trained and experienced team of oncologists and paramedics.
- Special nursing and rehabilitative services as required
- Terminal care.
- Tele medicine and communication centre and Day care Chemo therapy centre.
- Latest diagnostics facilities available at Artemis Hospital:
- Digital X-Ray,
- Intervention Radiology
- Multi-slice Cardiac CT-64 Slice,
- 3D-4D Ultrasound/Doppler
- BMD- Dexa Scan
Address: Address: Sector 51, Gurugram, Haryana 122001
With this we sum up our list of best cancer hospitals for breast cancer treatment in Delhi. We hope this top list will help you to choose a good hospital to begin your cancer treatment.