According to American Cancer Society, there will approximately 140,690 cases of cancer diagnosis in the United States. Cancer is a disease in which malignant cells are formed which might spread to the other parts of the body. After getting the news of cancer diagnosis, one can find it difficult to keep a healthy mental space and might look for the various treatment options for its specific cancer type and a good treatment hospital to begin the healing journey. If you are looking for some best cancer hospitals in New York city, then you have landed on the right page.
Here we have compiled a list of some of the top cancer hospitals in NYC, United States which offer international standard cancer care programs. They use modern state of the art equipment and technologies for diagnosing and treating various forms of cancer.
Also Check: 10 Best Cancer Hospitals In London
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK or MSKCC) is one of the largest and oldest private institute in the field of cancer treatment and research. It was setup in the year 1844 as New York Cancer Hospital. Since its inception it has grown to be one of the best cancer hospitals in New York city (NYC).
Key highlights of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center:
- 28 state of the art operating rooms for inpatient surgeries.
- Specially designed inpatient and outpatient care for adults and children.
- Innovative cancer treatments available including chemotherapy and immunotherapy.
- Cutting edge clinical trials.
- Sophisticated imaging services including PET CT scans, MRI, CT, ultrasound, etc.
- Pharmacy and blood donation center.
- Minimally invasive image-guided therapies including interventional radiology.
- Highly qualified and internationally acknowledged team of cancer specialists work on your treatment plan.
- Services for international patients.
- Emotional support provided to cancer patients and their caregivers through counselling sessions.
Address: 1275 York Avenue New York NY 10065
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is a cancer research and treatment center which was founded in the year 1988 by Roswell Park. It was the first dedicated medical facility for cancer research and treatment in the United States. From 1988 to 2019, Roswell Park has set the standard for cancer care in the NY region to the highest of levels.
Key features of Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center:
- Only upstate New York hospital to hold the National Cancer Institute designation of “Comprehensive Cancer Center.”
- The hospital provides advanced treatment to all forms of adult and pediatric cancers.
- The Roswell Park campus is spread over 28 acres with international standard infrastructure and facilities.
- Roswell Park Centers provides following specialized cancer treatment for cancer patients:
- Photodynamic Therapy
- High-dose Chemotherapy
- Radiation Oncology
- Gamma Knife
- Robotic Surgery
- Psychological support.
- Follow up clinic for long term survivors of childhood cancer.
- Clinical genetic testing and counselling.
Address: 665 Elm St, Buffalo, NY 14203, United States
Queens Cancer Center
Queens Cancer Center is another one of the best cancer hospitals in New York which was established in the year 2008 and is now known as the crown jewel of NYC Health + Hospital/Queens.
Key features of Queens Cancer Center:
- Comprehensive care provided to cancer patients.
- Patient-centered approach right from the diagnosis to treatment.
- The chemotherapy service of the cancer hospital always offer the most latest chemo drugs to patients.
- Latest cutting edge equipment and modern technologies are used to diagnose and treat cancer.
Address: Address: 82-68 164th St, New York, NY 11432, United States
Perlmutter Cancer Center
Perlmutter Cancer Center is a part of NYU Langone – one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers. This cancer hospital in New York is well known for its visionary thinking and compassionate cancer care with science of innovative cancer treatment.
Key features of Perlmutter Cancer Center:
- NCI designated “comprehensive cancer center.”
- Provides latest clinical trials to cancer patients.
- Programs to undertake cancer research and educate healthcare professionals about latest cancer treatment methods.
- The hospital serve the greater New York city area including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island.
- Ranked Among Top 20 Cancer Centers in the Country, According to U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals”.
Address: 160 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016, United States
NewYork-Presbyterian is another top cancer hospitals in New York city with a comprehensive and integrated healthcare delivery system for cancer patients. The hospital was founded in the year 1771 by Samuel Burd.
Key features of NewYork -Presbyterian:
- The hospital have 2678 beds making it one of the biggest hospitals in the world.
- 6,500 affiliated physicians and 20,000 employees.
- In 2019, NewYork-Presbyterian is ranked as the fifth best hospital in the United States.
- Highly professional team of cancer specialists to formulate your treatment plan.
- NewYork – Presbyterian offers modern cancer treatment methods for most cancer types including anal cancer, breast cancer, leukemia, head and neck, gynecological cancers (ovarian, cervical, uterine cancer), etc.
Breast Center at Weill Cornell Medicine
Weill Cornell Medicine is a top cancer hospital in NYC which offers complete care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. The goal of Weill Cornell Medicine is to maximize patient outcome with minimum side effects of cancer treatment therapies.
Key features of Breast Center at Weill Cornell Medicine:
- Clinical services offered: Breast surgery, Hematology and Oncology.
- Personalized expert breast cancer treatment offered.
- Breast cancer treatment methods provided at the hospital are:
- Genetic risk assessments.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy.
- Clinical trials.
- Restaurant-quality food onsite.
- Mobile app to coordinate all components of care.
Address: 1283 York Ave 4th Floor, New York, NY 10065, United States
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center is another NCI designated “comprehensive cancer center” which was founded in the year 1911 at Columbia University Medical Center.
Key highlights of Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center:
- HICCC has more than 250 faculty members, 12 core facilities, and 8 research programs with 3 divisions.
- Treat more than 3000 cancer patients annually.
- Caring Through Innovation with All the Possibilities of Modern Medicine.
- Fosters a community of scientific excellence and outstanding patient care.
Address: 1130 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032, United States
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists is another one of the best cancer hospitals in New York, United States to offer compassionate care in 25 offices.
Key features of New York Cancer & Blood Specialists:
- Advance cancer treatment provided:
- Targeted Therapy
- Individualized Therapy
- Network of community oncology treatment centers.
- Emotional support offered to cancer patients.
- State of the art facilities and latest equipment for cancer diagnostics and treatment.
Address: 2330 Eastchester Rd, The Bronx, NY 10469, United States
Mount Sinai Dubin Breast Center
Mount Sinai Dubin Breast center is one of the top cancer hospitals for breast cancer treatment in New York city offering multi-disciplinary, comprehensive approach to breast cancer screening and treatment.
Key features of Mount Sinai Dubin Breast Center:
- The Dubin Breast Center is spread over an area of 15000 square foot which houses a full range of diagnostics and treatment services.
- Breast cancer treatment services offered at the hospital:
- Breast cancer surgeries.
- Radiation therapy.
- Genetic counselling and testing.
- Provides access to clinical trials.
- Provide support to breast cancer survivors.
Address: 1176 5th Ave, New York, NY 10029, United States
Northern Westchester Hospital
Northern Westchester Hospital is another top cancer hospital in NYC serving residents and offering quality care to cancer patients.
Key features of Northern Westchester Hospital:
- 245 beds capacity hospital.
- With more than 700 highly skilled physicians Northern Westchester Hospital offers a wide range of patient-oriented services.
- Clinical trials program.
- Gamma knife center.
- Da Vinci surgical system.
New York is a hub of some of the best and largest cancer research and treatment centers in the world. These institutions offer modern and innovative cancer treatment methods to maximize patients outcome. Most of these cancer hospitals in New York, also provide emotional support and counselling to cancer patients and caregivers.