If you are looking for some of the best cancer hospitals in Kerala, then you have landed on the right page. Here we have compiled a list of 10 best cancer hospitals in the state of Kerala where you can get modern cancer treatment.
Some of the hospitals on the list are accredited by JCI, NABH, and NABL. In addition to that, these hospitals make use of sophisticated equipment for cancer diagnosis and treatment. Before choosing a hospital, read all the details provided in the article and then pick according to your requirements.
We have also compiled a list of best cancer hospitals in India. You can also check it out, if location is not a barrier for you.
Kerala Institute of Medical Science
Key highlights of KIMS Cancer Care:
- Kerala Institute of Medical Science have an excellence center for offering cancer care called KIMS Cancer Care. This unit is a tertiary multi specialty cancer hospital which provide best medical aid to people affected by cancer with the help of its competent team of oncologists and modern infrastructure.
- Accredited by National Accredition Board for Hospitals (NABH), National Accredition Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- Departments for cancer treatment at KIMS Cancer Care:
- Highly qualified and experienced team of doctors to diagnose and treat various forms of cancer.
- Services offered to cancer patients at the hospital:
- Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA).
- PET CT
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Gamma Camera & Iodine Therapy.
- Transcatheter Arterial Chemoembolization (TACE)
- Frozen section biopsy and Immunohistochemistry
- Genetic research and Counselling.
Address: KIMS North, Vinod Nagar Rd, Anayara, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695029
Regional Cancer Center, Kerala (Government)
Key highlights of Regional Cancer Center:
- Regional Cancer Center is a cancer care and research center and was established in the year 1981 by the Government of Kerala and India.
- It is one of the best tertiary hospital for management of most cancer types.
- Clinics available in the Regional Cancer Center Lymphoreticular, Hematology, Bone, Head and Neck, Soft Tissue, Breast, Pediatric Oncology, and Thyroid.
- More than 17,000 cancer patients visit Regional Cancer Center annually.
- RCC provides best oncology services to less privileged people by offering them free chemotherapy and advanced diagnostics facilities like CT Scan, isotope scanning, etc.
- Advanced diagnostic facilities are available including endoscope, biochemical, advanced imageology, etc.
- The hospital make use of latest cancer treatment methodologies including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, immunotherapy, etc.
Address: Medical College Kumarapuram Rd, Medical College Campus, Chalakkuzhi, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695011
Malabar Cancer Center
Key features of Malabar Cancer Center:
- Malabar Cancer Center is another one of the best cancer hospitals in Kerala which quality and affordable cancer care to patients. It is an autonomus institution under Health and Family Welfare Department.
- 110-bed capacity for cancer patients which will soon be doubled in near future.
- 20% of all cancer patients in the hospital are provided with free services.
- 60% cancer patients are provided healthcare services at a very concessional rates.
- The hospital strictly follows the International standard protocols.
- Cases of all cancer patients are discussed in the Multispecialty Boards including experts from department of Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiologist, and Onco-pathologists.
- Facility of Radiotherapy using Linear Accelators.
- Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Full fledged blood bank.
- Cutting edge equipment are present in the hospital including Radiotherapy Simulator, Cobalt tele therapy machine, Multi Slice CT scanner unit, etc.
Address: Kodiyeri, Muzhikkara – MCC Rd, Illathaazha, Thalassery, Kerala 670103
Aster Medicity Hospital, Kerala
Key highlights of Aster Medcity:
- Aster Medcity is one the best super specilaty hospital in Kerala. The vision of the hospital is to provide comprehensive cancer care to cancer patients with the help of expert oncologists and latest healthcare technologies.
- Capactity of 670 beds for cancer patients making it one of the biggest cancer hospital in South Kerala.
- State of the art hospital infrastructure with patient-centric design – spacious rooms and advanced operation theatres.
- Accredited by JCI and NABH.
- ACLS/BLS/ATLS/PALS certified nurses, dieticians, rehabilitation therapists and qualified technicians.
- First hospital in India to have an Automatic Drug Dispensing Pharmacy.
- Latest cutting edge technologies available at Aster Medcity – Robotic Surgery (Da Vinci Robot), Digital ICU, 256-Slice Philips iCT, Digital Mammography, along with other sophisticated machines for cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Address: Kuttisahib Road Cheranalloor, South Chittoor, Kochi, Kerala 682027
MVR Cancer Center and Research Institute
Key features of MVR Cancer Center and Research Institute:
- MVR Cancer Center is another leading cancer hospital in Kerala which aims to provide best treatment at an affordable cost.
- 30+ cancer related departments.
- 300+ bed capacity for cancer patients.
- Cancer treatment departments in the hospital – Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and Nuclear Medicine.
- Sophisticated and cutting edge equipment at MVR Cancer Center and Research Institute – PET CT Scan, Ultrasound scanning, Linear Accelator with Accurate Mesurement (LINAC), Digital Mammography, etc.
- The fully equipped Diagnostic Centres.
Address – CP 13/516 B, C, Vellalaserri NIT(via), Poolacode, Kozhikode, Kerala – 673601.
Key highlights of Rajagiri Hospital:
- Rajagiri Hospital is one of the best multispecialty tertiary care hospital in South Kerala. The hospital is managed by Rajagiri group of institutions and is accredited by JCI and NABH.
- The hospital is spread over 40 acre of land.
- In-patient capacity of 470 beds.
- Angioplasty Surgery Hospital with 100% success rate.
- General facilities available at the hospital – pathology, general medicine, pediatric surgery, endocrinology, etc.
- Latest equipment available at the Radation Oncology department – 3.0 Tesla MRI unit, 128-Slice CT Scan, OPG, mammography, etc.
Address: Near GTN Junction, Chunangamvely Aluva, Kochi, Kerala 683112
Key highlights of NIMS Medcity:
- NIMS Medcity is a multi specialty hospital near National Highway, Neyyattinkara, Thiruvananthapuram. It is spread over 24 acres of area with state of the art infrastructure which makes it one of the biggest cancer hospitals in Kerala.
- 1500+ nurses and paramedical staff in the hospital.
- There are 40 departments in the hospital with 20 specialty and 20 super specialties.
- Tertiary care trauma center with 24 hours blood bank.
- Dedicated chemotherapy unit.
- Cutting edge equipment in the Radiology department including Color Doppler Scan, Ultra Sound Scan, Ultra Sound, Digital X-Ray, EMG, ECG, Whole body Spiral CT Scan, etc.
Address: Address: Aralumoodu, Neyyattinkara, Kerala 695123
Key Highlights of VPS Lakeshore:
- VPS Lakeshore is a multispecialty hospital in Kerala with 650-beds capacity and 30+ clinical departments.
- Accredited by NABH.
- 43 Intensive Care Units and 10 operation theatres.
- One of the largest tertiary care hospital in Kerala.
Address: NH-66 Bypass, near Police Station, Nettoor, Maradu, Kochi, Kerala 682040
Key highlights of Lourdes Hospital:
- Lourdes Hospital is another well known cancer hospital in Kerala. It provides comprehensive care to manage almost all types of cancers, in both adults and children.
- Nationally and Internationally trained team of Medical, Radiation, and Surgical oncologists.
- State of the art diagnostic and therapeutic technology.
- Administration of dose intense Chemotherapy.
- Guidance for Radiotherapy.
Address: Chittoor Road Near North Railway Station Pachalam PO Ernakulam, Kochi, Kerala 682012
Amrita Hospitals, Kerala
Key highlights of Amala Cancer Research Centre:
- Amrita Hospitals is one of the best super specialty quarternary care health center in Kochi, Kerala.
- The hospital is spread over 125 acres of land.
- 1450-bed capacity which support a daily patient volume of about 3000 outpatients.
- ISO 9001:2008 certified.
- NABH and NABL accredited.
- 210 Intensive care beds.
Address: PO, Amalanagar, Thrissur, Kerala 680555
With this we sum up our list of best cancer hospitals in Kerala. Hope this resource will help you to make an informed decision and you will choose a good hospital for you cancer treatment.
So these hospitals may be visited for staging and treatment of anal, bone, brain, breast, bladder, cervical, colon, esophageal, head and neck (oral, oropharyngeal, laryngeal, hypopahryngeal, nasopharyngeal cancer) , kidney, liver, lung, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, skin, stomach, sarcoma (soft tissue sarcoma, GIST, kaposi sarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma), testicular, thyroid or uterine cancer or leukemia (ALL, AML, CLL, CML), lymphoma, myeloma.