Signs and symptoms of Anal Cancer
Anal cancer may present with any one or more of the following symptoms. Sometimes there may be no symptoms, and sometimes other disease conditions may cause similar symptoms. Therefore, further investigations may be required to confirm the diagnosis of anal tumor.
- Per-rectal bleeding is the most common symptoms for anal cancer. This symptom may be caused by other benign pathologies like hemorrhoids (or piles), anal fissures, etc which are more common causes than anal cancer.
- Pain and/or itching in the anal region
- The sensation of anorectal fullness
- Change in bowel habit
- Swollen lymph node in groin region
- Formed stool narrower than usual
Any one or more of the above symptoms if present may require further investigations.
Join our ANAL CANCER COMMUNITY to connect with fighters and survivors across the globe.