8 Facts about cancer:
- About 16% people die from cancer.
- Nearly 70% of deaths from cancer occur in low and middle income countries.
- 5 most common cancer in men are- lung, liver, stomach, colorectal, and prostate.
- 5 most common cancer in women are- breast, lung, colorectal, cervical, stomach.
- 30-50% cancer are preventable. Tobacco is single largest preventable cause for cancer.
- Tobacco is responsible for 22% of all cancer related deaths.
- Vaccinations against cancer causing infection like HPV and Hepatitis B can help reduce cancer cases.
- The total annual economic cost of cancer in 2010 was estimated at $1.16 Trillion.
Add your comment