In our mission to help and support people to stay strong through cancer, we have compiled a list of 60 motivational quotes about staying strong through cancer.
Some of the quotes are from celebrities and some are written by us. Hopefully, they will inspire you and help you to take life from a different perspective.
Feel free to share them with anyone who needs some words of motivation. Our community is with all of you and no one has to deal with cancer alone.
Motivational Quotes about staying strong through cancer
- A bend in life is not the end till you have the faith the courage to keep moving forward.
A cancer diagnosis doesn’t mean that it is the end of your life. Consider it as a little bend in your life. Keep the faith and courage to keep move forward.
2 “You can be a victim of cancer, or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
It is rightly said by Dave Pelzer that you can be a victim of cancer, or a survivor of cancer. The statement is also proven and believed by many other cancer survivors around the globe who also encourage others that they can also do the same.
3 “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
Hope and believe that you can get through this phase with the help of your family members and the right treatment.
4 “It’s about focusing on the fight and not the fright.” – Robin Roberts
Just focus on your fight against cancer and leave the rest. Try to enjoy all the little things which you have and be grateful towards them.
5 “Cancer may have started the fight, but I will finish it.”
It might be the cancer who dented your normal life but you must finish the fight by beating cancer with a positive outlook towards life.
6 “Cancer is way too serious to be taken seriously all the time.” Tanya Masse
Don’t take cancer too serious in life. Many people who don’t have cancer are also not living happily and have limited time on this planet. Moreover, seriousness just makes you more anxious and depressed. Spend your time with your family, friends, and loved ones to share a laughter together.
7 “Cancer is not death sentence, but rather it is life sentence; it pushes one to live.” – Marcia Smith
Cancer should not come in between you and your passion. Continue to do what you love to do the most whether it is sketching, singing, or any other hobby.
8. “Cancer didn’t bring me to my knees, it brought me to my feet.” – Michael Douglas
Don’t give up on yourself. Cancer can’t bring you down. Stand tall with all your might to face your fears and believe everything will be okay.
9 “Create your own path create your own destination.”
Cancer can’t deviate you from your path. You can reach to your final destination no matter what cancer throws at you.
10 “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
There are many survivor stories out there but yours will be different. Be your own advocate and ask as many questions from your oncologist.
11 “You stood as a rock in my difficult times. I will stand as mountains in yours.”
Let’s support every one who is battling in their journey and stand as mountains in their life.
12 “You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground.”
Cancer can’t keep you on the ground. Enjoy your life to the fullest so there are no regrets.
13 “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
Don’t think about the end or speculate how is your journey going to be. Take each day at a time and focus on live it peacefully and happily.
14 “Yes, I am bit tired, but I have not given up. I will run till I can walk, and I will walk till I can crawl.
There will be tough days in your journey but don’t give up. Keep going even if it becomes really hard because there is always a reason to live.
15 “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” – Vince Lombardi
Winning should be your goal but it is not only important. The process towards the winning goal is more important – how you deal with things and come out as winner. The process makes you a better person.
16 “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
Embrace your pain and use it as a fuel in your journey to continue your passion and do whatever you ever wanted to do in your life.
17 “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.”
You must believe that you are gifted for something and you can attain that at any cost.
18 “We become what we think about.” – Earl Nightingale
Make your thoughts positive and look at life from a different perspective.
19 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in you sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
20 “Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.” – Ingrid Bergman
Every day you challenge this cancer is a victory for you. Live everyday pursuing what you love doing the most.
21 “the player may not be mine, but music is…”
You can’t control the situations in your life or what cancer throws at you. But you can control how you react and keeping an positive outlook.
22 “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” – Nikolai Lenin
Never lose your heart. It was not your fault at the first place. You have to be strong in your journey.
23 “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
24. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
25 “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
26. “Strongest of winds and fiercest of waves could not shake me. I still stand tall with dignity.”
Do not let cancer shake you. Stand tall with dignity and believe in your support system.
27 “Pay your own music, dance your own dance.”
28. “Obstacle in my way might change my path but never my destination.”
29. ” I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordon
29. “LOVE AND LAUGHTER ARE TWO OF THE MOST IMPORTANT UNIVERSAL CANCER TREATMENTS ON THE PLANET. OVERDOSE ON THEM.” – TANYA MASSE
Love your life and share a good laughter with your friends and family. Spend quality time with them to keep down your anxiety and negative thoughts.
31 “Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
32. “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
33 “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
34 “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” – Kevin Kruse
35. “In all difficult times, I will always support you. I will never let you fall.”
36. “If you stumble, make it a part of the dance.”
37 “If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.” – Latin Proverb
38. “I have cancer. Cancer doesn’t have me.”
39 “I got broken into million pieces, only to rebuild myself and comeback stronger.”
40. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
41. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
42. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
43. “Fine balance create music, rest everything is noise…”
44. “Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.”
45. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
46. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
47.”Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
48. “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” – Pablo Picasso
49. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
50. “Its easy to carve your life in early years difficult to reshape it later.”
51. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.” – W. Clement Stone
52. “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.” – Ancient Indian Proverb
53. “Cancer may have started a fight but I will Finish it.”
54. “Cancer may disable me physically, but it cannot touch my mind, heart and soul.”
55. “Cancer is a journey, but you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment you just have to be willing to take it.” – Emily Hollenberg
56. “Cancer is a journey. But you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment. You just have to be willing to take it.” – Emily Hollenberg
57. “Cancer can touch you, but not your soul; neither your thoughts, nor your heart.” – Vikrmn
58. “Cancer affects all of us, whether you’re a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, or patient.” – Jennifer Aniston
59. “An unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
60. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
With this we complete our collection of 60 motivational quotes to stay strong through cancer. Share with anyone who is battling this disease to inspire them and encourage to stay mentally and emotionally tough during their journey.
Join our global community of cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers.