Cancer awareness is quite important if we want to battle against this disease and protect our loved ones from it. In various cancer awareness campaigns around the globe, people are taught about the most probable risk factors, symptoms, tests for diagnosis, treatment types available as per their diagnosis, and where they can seek support.
Continuing this awesome work, our community members are doing their best in spreading cancer awareness and motivate others by sharing their stories of hope. Read their stories and join us in spreading the word against cancer as early detection is the key to save potential lives.
Cancer Survivors Spreading Awareness
1. Nicole Body was diagnosed with stage 3 sarcoma cancer in July 2017. She has successfully defeated her disease. She runs a blog and is spreading cancer awareness.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” -Romans 12:12
2. Marissa Henley was diagnosed with angiosarcoma in October 2010. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is the author of “Loving Your Friend through Cancer”.
” For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39
3. Merak was diagnosed with genetic GIST cancer. He has successfully defeated his disease. He is an Author and Motivational Speaker and also hosts MMMotivate podcast. He started MMMotivate to help motivate and inspire other cancer fighters.
“ When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it!” -Steve Mcqueen
4. Brandi L. Benso was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in 2009. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is author of the book “The Enemy Inside Me”.
“Do not make permanent decisions based off of temporary feelings” -Brandi Benson
“Faith doesn’t always mean that God changes your situation, sometimes it means he changes you” –Steven Furtick
6. Marie was diagnosed with myxoid liposarcoma but she has now successfully defeated her disease. She kicked cancer out of her life and became an author of ‘Dare to Choose – A Journey Of Self Healing’.
“See it, believe it, be it!”
7. Nora McMahon was diagnosed with ovarian cancer on March 17, 2015. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is helping others and runs the website “cancergrad”.
“For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.”
– Carl Sagan
8. Natalie Wilson was diagnosed with Ductal Carcinoma in Situ in breast in July 2008. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is Creator of “High Heal Diaries”.
“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength”
– Mahatma Gandhi
“THE JOURNEY YOU ARE ON IS PURPOSEFUL; EASY OR DIFFICULT. IT’S A JOURNEY CREATED FOR YOU BY GOD SO DON’T FIGHT IT, SIMPLY TRUST IN HIS WILL”
– NATALIE WILSON
9. Malisa Morris was diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2015. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is helping and motivating others. She is the founder of “Embracing our scars”
“You are not Your Scars.”
– Malisa Morris
10. Lina Miranda was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2001. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is the author of “DNA Moments”.
“You can’t control some of the things that happen in your life, but you can control the way you look at them.”
“A lot of people tell me “you’re so lucky” after they hear my story. Well okay, first they say “OMG, I’m so sorry” and then they say “you’re so lucky.” But what is luck anyways? Would you have told me I was lucky three years ago when I was literally given a death sentence? Luck is defined as success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one’s own actions. In other words random. But I don’t think this was random…how could it be? That was when I decided to be in control of my “luck.” You are probably thinking “Grace, that’s not how it works.” But, why not? It’s your life. Make it that way.”
“Invictus Animus Est “ It is Latin for unconquerable soul.
13. Julia Spurge-Salerno was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma on November 6, 2016. She has successfully defeated her disease. She runs an amazing blog- thesarcomadiaries.
“I had cancer but cancer never had me.”
14. Lisa Ward was diagnosed with Stage 2A Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. She has successfully defeated her disease. She now runs a website by the name “World is my cure”.
“Last night I lost the world, and gained the universe..”
15. Nicole Body was diagnosed with stage 3 sarcoma cancer in July 2017. She has successfully defeated her disease. She runs a blog and is spreading cancer awareness.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
– Romans 12:1
16. Jen was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016. She has now successfully defeated her disease. She also shared her journey in her blog – “Cancer. Life. Jen”
“Keep putting one foot in front of the other. That’s all you need to do right now”SAID BY MY RADIOLOGIST THE DAY I WAS DIAGNOSED.
17. Lakeia was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017 but she didn’t give up, and defeated cancer. Now she is a photographer, author of “3 Steps To Early Detection of Breast Cancer”, speaker, coach, and entrepreneur. She is the founder of “Choose Happy” and also hosts a podcast show for it.
“Life is much better when you Choose Happy. Despite your uncontrollable circumstances you have the choice to Choose Happy and to Choose Life.”
~ Lakeia Clark
18. Laura was diagnosed with stage 1 melanoma in 2017 but she didn’t give up and continued to fight cancer. She has now successfully defeated her cancer. She is now a community manager, YouTuber, and designer.
“If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working for it”
19. Jaime Hall was diagnosed with Grade 3 oligodendroglioma brain tumor on March,2017. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is a designer, writer, and co-founder of “Messy Veggies”. Let’s know more about her journey.
“You should never regret anything in life. if it’s good, it’s wonderful. if it’s bad, it’s experience”
20. Catalina Ritzinger was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma and Leukemia. She has successfully defeated her diseases. She is a fighter and writes about her life in her blog.
“ You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.”MAX EHRMANN
21. Gemma, was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer in 2013. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is a “fighter mummy” and runs a Facebook closed group for families and friends of those affected by cancer.
“Darkness exists so that stars can shine”
She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breath taking mosaic of the battles she’s won.”
23. Abby Shoenfelt, was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in February 2017. She has successfully defeated her disease. She is a Doctor, the author of TheMommyMD.com, and Instagram @themommymd, a Christ loving wife. Her passion is to help others live their best life.
“I’m heaven there won’t be any pain, confusion or loss. We will see clearly. So I embrace my moment of pain now and give Him praise in the midst of it. Because that’s an offering I’ll never have a chance to give Him in heaven. Every moment is an opportunity to give god something in worship.”
24. Mike Maldonado, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in December of 2009. He has successfully defeated his disease. He is now a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer and a Fitness Motivational Speaker.
“Carpe Scrotiem! Don’t be afraid to check yourself and talk about your ‘boys’ with your boys!
26. Kalpana Chowdhary was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Now she has successfully defeated her disease. She is a TEDx speaker and founder of Jan Seva foundation – Being The Change, represents India at UN (World Kabadi League) and politician with BJP. An inspiration indeed and being a HOPE to many, who are fighting different battles.
“I Know For Certain That God Does Not Make Mistakes, But He Does Make #Miracles.” I Am ONE! YOU Are too! Never lose the faith and hope. Miracle happens all the time. Just believe and go kill the demon with a swag”
“From every wound, there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says ‘I survived’.
”If it didn’t rain, nothing would ever grow.”
30. Megan is a breast cancer survivor who, despite complications post-cancer, continues to walk with purpose and determined to change the narrative of the cancer experience.She documents her journey in her blog “Life on the Cancer Train”.
Quote by Marilyn Monroe: “Never let anyone dull your sparkle”
fearless does not mean you aren’t afraid; it means you accept the fear and move forward anyway
“I had cancer, cancer did not have me!”
33. Shannon was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015. She has now successfully defeated cancer and works on a social mission to use fashion as the platform to spark the social change that restores humanity.
“KEEP IT MOVING and GET YOUR LIFE BACK.”
“Live, laugh, love”
“ Open your eyes and go for it”