According to Macmillan Cancer Support, at the end of 2020, there will be approximately 2,400,000 people will be living with cancer in the UK region. Cancer is a disease which brings physical and emotional turmoil in the life of a cancer patient. After receiving the news of cancer diagnosis, people have usually many questions inside their head and want to start cancer treatment as soon as possible. If you are looking for some of the best cancer hospitals in London, then you have landed on the right page. Here in this article, you can find all the information on some of the most famous and reputed cancer treatment centres in the London, UK region.
The Royal Marsden Hospital
- The Royal Marsden, a unit of NHS Foundation is indubitably one of the top hospitals in London for cancer treatment. It is the world’s first hospital dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment and research for cancer.
- The hospital is managed by the NHS Foundation Trust.
- It is the first in hospital in the world dedicated to the study and treatment of various forms of cancer. The Royal Marsden Hospital was founded as the Free Cancer Hospital in the year 1851 by William Marsden.
- The hospital is focused at the early diagnosis and treatment of all patients.
- They have different types of outpatient, inpatient and day care services for meeting different kind of needs of cancer patients.
- Different types of cancers are treated within different units at the hospital.
- They have an independent pediatric unit for children and young adults.
- Recognizing the emotional needs of cancer patients, the foundation takes time to educate and inform the patient about each procedure and their need before beginning diagnostic or treatment procedures.
- Some of the procedures offered at the hospital include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgical treatment and newer options such as radioisotope therapy.
- Along with this supportive therapies such as acupuncture, massage therapy, reflexology, stress management, occupational therapy, speech therapy and reconstructive surgeries are provided by Royal Marsden.
- Emergency care, family – centred care and smooth transition through services such as transportation support, patient counselling, additional services for the old and disabled and spiritual care are some of the top priorities at Marsden.
- Meeting the holistic needs of cancer patients, the hospital also extends support through facilities such as support groups, patient education and coping with cancer side effects such as hair loss and nausea so that the patients can cope up with the condition.
- The Royal Marsden is one of the best cancer hospitals in London known for providing specialized cancer treatment.
- Dedicated units for all cancer types.
- The hospital is equipped with modern tools and technologies for diagnosing various types of cancer accurately.
- CT Scans
- MRI Scans
- Genetic Testing
- PET Scans
- Nuclear Medicine Gamma Camera Imaging.
- The Royal Marsden hospital offers follow cancer treatment methodologies:
- Radioisotope Therapy
Address: 203 Fulham Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
Cancer Centre London
- Cancer Centre, London is another top – rated hospital in London, which provides individualized treatment to all cancer patients.
- The hospital recently won an International Award for its quality services ranking it among the top 3 hospitals in London.
- They employ a step – by – step approach to cancer treatment where the patient is duly informed about the services and is empowered to choose their treatment options.
- At the first visit to Cancer Centre, the patient is introduced to the dedicated team of oncology experts who discuss treatment options providing all necessary details.
- The patient is then admitted within a relaxed environment where care is delivered according to their needs and priorities.
- Individualized sessions are provided by adjusting chemotherapy or radiation therapy or by combining different treatment modalities based on the severity of cancer.
- Advanced radiotherapy options are combined at the hospital with other technological software such as Active Breathing Control (ABC), which ensure patient safety during treatment.
- The inter – disciplinary approach employed at the hospital including a team of Consultant Clinical Oncologists, Radiographers, Clinical Scientists and other healthcare professionals makes Cancer Center one of the most prestigious institutions for cancer.
- Cancer Centre London is another one of the best cancer hospitals in London renowned for offering dedicated outpatient cancer treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Internationally recognised cancer specialists.
- Advanced surgical and medical cancer treatments available.
- Electronic eMDT and integrated clinical audit.
- A patient-centred approach tailored to individual needs.
- Cancer screening programs.
Address: 49 Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5NB, United Kingdom
Unitersity College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- Macmillan Cancer Support is the largest British charity providing specialized care to cancer patients.
- The center provides physical, emotional and financial support to cancer patients.
- Their services include patient education and information so that they can make their best decisions along with financial advisory and emotional management offered by experts.
- In collaboration with the University College Hospital, Macmillan also offers treatment for different types of cancer.
- Patient – focused service is one of the goals at Macmillan, which is met by their active participation and education.
- The hospital offers huge open spaces, natural lighting, green spreads and a terrace garden for relaxation and comfort of cancer patients.
- Along with outpatient services, chemotherapy and hematology units, the hospital provides modern solutions for cancer treatment through tailored programs.
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre was established in the year April 2012 and has now grown into a busy centre providing world-class facilities for diagnosing and treating various types of cancer.
- Healthcare services offered by University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre:
- Genetic Testing
- Health Screening
- Nuclear Medicine
- Rapid Access Clinic
- Cancer treatment services offered at the hospital:
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT).
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT).
- Highly qualified team of cancer specialists and support staff.
Address: Huntley St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6AG, United Kingdom
The Duchess of Devonshire Wing, The London Clinic
- The Duchess of Devonshire Wing was established in the year 1932 in the heart of London’s Medical Community.
- It is one of the largest private hospitals of UK providing customized treatment for cancer.
- The award – winning cancer center provides all types of cancer treatment under a single roof with the help of an efficient multi – disciplinary team.
- The process of diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and follow – up at the wing is compassionately offered by team experts meeting holistic patient needs.
- It is dedicated at providing cutting – edge treatment options such as transformative cell therapy and intra – operative therapy.
- With these services, the amount of dosage and intensity of radiation provided to the patient is reduced minimizing the side effects.
- It is the first center in London offering advanced scanning and diagnostic options to cancer patients.
- It excels in adaptive radiotherapy and also provides robotic radiosurgery options discerning an innovative approach to cancer treatment.
- The hospital offers best personalized healthcare services to cancer patients.
- There are 234 beds, 10 theatres, a radiology unit, dialysis, and an endoscopy unit.
- 13-bed Intensive Care Unit.
- The London Clinic offers following innovative cancer treatment methods:
- CAR-T Immunotherapy for B-cell Lymphoma.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) for tumours.
- Lutetium-177 PSMA (for advanced prostate cancer).
- Adaptive radiotherapy for bladder cancer.
- The da Vinci ® Surgical System.
- ClinicSafe technique for robotic prostate surgery.
- The hospital make use of latest diagnostic techniques including:
- CT Scan.
- PET-CT Scan.
- Bronchoscopy and biopsy.
- Image guided biopsies.
- MRI Scan.
Address: 20 Devonshire Pl, Marylebone, London W1G 6BW, United Kingdom.
HCA Healthcare UK
Key highlights of HCA Healthcare UK:
- HCA Healthcare UK is one of the leading cancer hospitals in London providing latest cancer treatments through the county’s most advanced private cancer network.
- The hospital offers comprehensive cancer care and provides latest cancer therapies and treatment techniques in screening, diagnostics, surgery, radiotherapy, and clinical trials.
- Multidisciplinary teams to collaborate on patient’s case.
- The hospital operates a dedicated clinical trial facility.
- It also offers expert second opinion service.
Address: 15th Floor, University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Key highlights of St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust:
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of London’s leading cancer hospitals with international reputation for quality care with cutting edge technologies.
- 9000 dedicated staff for cancer care.
- Cancer services provided by the hospital:
- Breast cancer
- Children cancer
- Gynaecological cancers (cervical, ovarian, uterine cancer)
- Haematological cancers (ALL, AML, CLL, CML, HL, NHL, Myeloma)
- Head and neck cancer (oral, ororpharyngeal, nasopharyngeal, hypopharyngeal, laryngeal)
- Lung cancer
- Urology cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testicular cancer)
- National centre for skin and penile cancers.
- The hospital also maintains an active research portfolio.
- Cancer screening services are also available.
Address: Blackshaw Road Tooting, London SW17 0QT
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC), London Bridge Hospital
- London Bridge Hospital is one of the largest private hospitals in London.
- It consists of spacious inpatient wards as well as day – case treatment suites and an on – site laboratory for customizing drugs for cancer treatment.
- The hospital houses fully – equipped rooms for outpatient consultation, a dedicated area for patient education and treatment.
- Leaders in Oncology Care at London Bridge Hospital has a world – renowned Imaging Department enabling a wide range of diagnostic services for cancer.
- Through this, best possible comprehensive, collaborative and integrative cancer treatment is provided to patients at the center.
- Along with meeting treatment needs of patients, London Bridge provides complimentary one – to – one therapy sessions for cancer patients extending emotional support.
- Multi – disciplinary team involvement and customized cancer care are some of the strengths of the hospital.
- London Bridge Hospital is one of the best cancer hospitals in London receiving the highest patient footfall.
- The hospital offers Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Targeted Therapies, Cancer Surgery and treatment based on Cancer Genetics for different types of cancer.
- It is focused at the creation of an innovative hospital environment as well as novel treatment provision based on research.
- The Leaders in Oncology Cancer was established by a group of four cancer specialists to provide world class health services to cancer patients in London.
- Team of 80 nationally and internationally recognized consultants from various disciplines of oncology including Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Radiologists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Cancer Surgeons, Psychiatrists, etc.
- LOC is a unit of HCA Healthcare UK – one of the largest healthcare organisation in the UK.
- State of the art cancer diagnostic facilities.
- Cancer treatment methodologies offered by the cancer hospital are:
- Clinical trials
- Cancer Surgery
- Cancer Genetics
- Hormone Therapy
- Targeted Therapies
Address: 95 Harley St, Marylebone, London W1G 6AF, United Kingdom
Guy’s Cancer Center, Guy’s and St. Thomas, King’s College, NHS
- Guy’s Cancer Center is the provider of best cancer care in London through its extensive services.
- It houses best cancer specialists in London who provide pioneering treatment options.
- Being an internationally renowned cancer center, Guy’s is the suitable spot for treatment.
- Based on patient satisfaction surveys, Guy’s has been ranked one of the best cancer hospital in London.
- It offers shared hospital suites as well as private suites for patient privacy.
- It has a separate geriatric cancer unit specializing in person – centred care.
- The treatment offered at Guy’s is tailored as per needs assessment of the patients.
- It covers emotional support as well as financial assistance to cancer patients.
- An innovative program by Guy’s Center, the new Gordon Survivorship Center, is aimed at providing long – term support for healthy survival and quality of life of cancer patients after their treatment.
- Patient complications are managed within acute cancer care units.
- Additional support services are offered in collaboration with other centers such as Dimbleby Cancer Care.
- Guy’s Cancer Centre is one of the leading cancer care provider in London and United Kingdom and follows the latest internationally acclaimed practices for diagnosing and treating various forms of cancer.
- Home of some of the best cancer specialists and oncologists in London.
- Psychological and Emotional support.
- Care Quality Commision (CCQ) regulates the services at Guy’s Cancer Centre.
- Dignostic facilities available at the hospital are:
- Blood tests
- MRI Scans
- PET Scans
- Nuclear Medicine Scans
- Breast imaging including mammography.
- Guy’s Cancer Centre facilitates modern cancer treatment methods including:
- Drug and biological therapies
Address: Cancer Centre, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
London Health Sciences Centre
Key features of London Health Sciences Centre:
- London Health Sciences Centre is another renowned healthcare provided to the people of London since 1875.
- London Health Sciences Centre is home to:
- Children’s Health Foundation
- The London Regional Cancer Care Program
- Lawson Health Research Institute
- World-class cancer care facility.
- LRCP provides inpatient and outpatient cancer care including radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Address: 800 Commissioners Rd E, London, ON N6A 5W9, Canada
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Key highlights of Bupa Cromwell Hospital:
- Bupa Cromwell is another one of the top cancer hospitals in London which is internationally acclaimed for its quality cancer care services.
- The hospital was established in the year 1981 as state of the art facility.
- Cutting edge tools and technologies for performing complex surgeries to provide cancer treatment.
- The hospital make use of standard modern diagnostic machines and technologies including:
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- PET CT Scan
- MRI Scans
Address: 164-178 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, London SW5 0TU, United Kingdom
Parkside Private Hospital, London
- Parkside Private Hospital works in partnership with Cancer Center in London to provide a range of treatments to cancer patients.
- Different types of treatment including Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, Physiotherapy, Psychological support and a complementary treatment comprise the set of services provided at Parkside.
- They have dedicated cancer units designed for comfortable patient stay during cancer treatment.
- It aims to provide both physical and emotional support before, after and during the treatment so that the impacts of cancer are curtailed.
- The hospital also offers support services for the family members of cancer patients so that their emotional recovery is assured.
- The hospital provides unique options for funding their treatment in London so that equitable services are provided to cancer patients.
Address: 53 Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5NX, United Kingdom
Addenbrooke’s Hospital, London
- The Addenbrooke’s Hospital is a renowned center for medical excellence in London providing efficient cancer treatment and care.
- It specializes in bone marrow transplantation along with conventional cancer treatments including chemotherapy, radiotherapy and cancer surgery.
- Addenbrooke’s Hospital has a specialized unit for pediatric care where the comfort and well – being of young patients is assured.
- It excels in the treatment of rare types of cancer, which is possible through their quality services and collaborative approach.
- With the help of a multi – disciplinary team, it treats over 4,000 patients annually taking care of all their elements of need.
- Their programs such as collaboration with clown doctors for paediatric cancer units and patient – based cancer services such as day Chemotherapy unit are widely recognised in London.
- Being a research center, their focus is on early detection and treatment of all cancer cases.
- The use of precision medicine in the treatment of breast cancer is another outstanding service provided by the hospital.
Address: Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom
Platinum Medical Center, The Wellington Hospital
- Platinum Medical Center, a part of the Wellington Hospital, provides comprehensive cancer treatment in London.
- It provides high – end cancer imaging with the help of a dedicated oncology team.
- By making the use of latest technology in diagnostic and treatment, the hospital provides in interventional radiology, genomics, systemic anti-cancer therapies, immunotherapies, hemato-oncology services, advanced cellular therapies, radiotherapy for meeting the inpatient and outpatient needs of the patients.
- The Wellington Hospital is reputed for providing highest degree of personalized treatment and care, and is one of the most highly – earning cancer hospitals in London.
- This is possible because of its collaborative approach in treating complex cases of cancer and in rigorous involvement in clinical trials.
Address: Wellington Hospital South Bldg, The, 8A Wellington Pl, London NW8 9LE, United Kingdom
Mr J Meirion Thomas MS FRCS FRCP, The Lister Hospital
- The Lister Hospital is a renowned cancer treatment in London through the pioneer of Mr J Meirion Thomas, who was a surgical radiologist.
- The Center treats over 10,000 cancer patients every year.
- It specializes in chemotherapy, surgery and radiotherapy treatments for different types of cancers.
- The hospital indulges in regular staff training to ensure the delivery of best services to cancer patients.
- They safeguard patient’s comfort during treatment through innovative hospital design and large open areas for resting and relaxation.
- Along with two large gardens, the Lister Hospital has an information and support center for family members of cancer patients to meet this aim.
- Specialized diagnostic and treatment options are provided to the patients along with meeting additional needs such as pain management, orthopedic care and fertility concerns.
- They have a specialized center concerning women’s health and breast care for cancer patients.
Address: The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge Rd, London SW1W 8RH, United Kingdom
With this we sum up our list of best cancer hospitals in London. Selecting the right type of hospital is crucial for your holistic treatment of cancer. This is based on the type of cancer, your individual needs, age group and the type of treatment that will be preferred by you. The above – listed hospitals are ranked the best to our knowledge and will help not just with the treatment, but also with your emotional support during cancer journey.