According to Macmillan Cancer Support, at the end of 2020, there will be approximately 2,400,000 people will be living with cancer in the UK region. Cancer is a disease which brings physical and emotional turmoil in the life of a cancer patient. After receiving the news of cancer diagnosis, people have usually many questions inside their head and want to start cancer treatment as soon as possible. If you are looking for some of the best cancer hospitals in London, then you have landed on the right page. Here in this article, you can find all the information on some of the most famous and reputed cancer treatment centres in the London, UK region.
Take an expert second opinion from our panel of Virtual Tumor Board consisting of cancer specialists, if you have any doubts related to your cancer from diagnosis to treatment.
Also Read: Top 30 Cancer Hospitals in India List
The Royal Marsden Hospital
Key highlights of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, London:
- The Royal Marsden is one of the best cancer hospitals in London known for providing specialized cancer treatment.
- The hospital is managed by the NHS Foundation Trust.
- It is the first in hospital in the world dedicated to the study and treatment of various forms of cancer. The Royal Marsden Hospital was founded as the Free Cancer Hospital in the year 1851 by William Marsden.
- Dedicated units for all cancer types.
- The hospital is equipped with modern tools and technologies for diagnosing various types of cancer accurately.
- CT Scans
- MRI Scans
- Genetic Testing
- PET Scans
- Nuclear Medicine Gamma Camera Imaging.
- The Royal Marsden hospital offers follow cancer treatment methodologies:
- Radioisotope Therapy
Address: 203 Fulham Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 6JJ, United Kingdom
Cancer Centre London
Key features of Cancer Centre London:
- Cancer Centre London is another one of the best cancer hospitals in London renowned for offering dedicated outpatient cancer treatment including radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Internationally recognised cancer specialists.
- Advanced surgical and medical cancer treatments available.
- Electronic eMDT and integrated clinical audit.
- A patient-centred approach tailored to individual needs.
- Cancer screening programs.
Address: 49 Parkside, Wimbledon, London SW19 5NB, United Kingdom
Unitersity College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
Key features of University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre:
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre was established in the year April 2012 and has now grown into a busy centre providing world-class facilities for diagnosing and treating various types of cancer.
- Healthcare services offered by University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre:
- Genetic Testing
- Health Screening
- Nuclear Medicine
- Rapid Access Clinic
- Cancer treatment services offered at the hospital:
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRT).
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT).
- Highly qualified team of cancer specialists and support staff.
Address: Huntley St, Bloomsbury, London WC1E 6AG, United Kingdom
The London Clinic
Key highlights of The London Clinic:
- The London Clinic is one of the top cancer hospitals in London which was established in the year 1932.
- The hospital offers best personalized healthcare services to cancer patients.
- There are 234 beds, 10 theatres, a radiology unit, dialysis, and an endoscopy unit.
- 13-bed Intensive Care Unit.
- The London Clinic offers following innovative cancer treatment methods:
- CAR-T Immunotherapy for B-cell Lymphoma.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) for tumours.
- Lutetium-177 PSMA (for advanced prostate cancer).
- Adaptive radiotherapy for bladder cancer.
- The da Vinci ® Surgical System.
- ClinicSafe technique for robotic prostate surgery.
- The hospital make use of latest diagnostic techniques including:
- CT Scan.
- PET-CT Scan.
- Bronchoscopy and biopsy.
- Image guided biopsies.
- MRI Scan.
Address: 20 Devonshire Pl, Marylebone, London W1G 6BW, United Kingdom.
HCA Healthcare UK
Key highlights of HCA Healthcare UK:
- HCA Healthcare UK is one of the leading cancer hospitals in London providing latest cancer treatments through the county’s most advanced private cancer network.
- The hospital offers comprehensive cancer care and provides latest cancer therapies and treatment techniques in screening, diagnostics, surgery, radiotherapy, and clinical trials.
- Multidisciplinary teams to collaborate on patient’s case.
- The hospital operates a dedicated clinical trial facility.
- It also offers expert second opinion service.
Address: 15th Floor, University College Hospital, 235 Euston Road, London NW1 2BU
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Key highlights of St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust:
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of London’s leading cancer hospitals with international reputation for quality care with cutting edge technologies.
- 9000 dedicated staff for cancer care.
- Cancer services provided by the hospital:
- Breast cancer
- Children cancer
- Gynaecological cancers
- Haematological cancers
- Head and neck cancer
- Lung cancer
- Urology cancers.
- National centre for skin and penile cancers.
- The hospital also maintains an active research portfolio.
- Cancer screening services are also available.
Address: Blackshaw Road Tooting, London SW17 0QT
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC)
Key highlights of Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC):
- The Leaders in Oncology Cancer was established by a group of four cancer specialists to provide world class health services to cancer patients in London.
- Team of 80 nationally and internationally recognized consultants from various disciplines of oncology including Medical Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Radiologists, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Cancer Surgeons, Psychiatrists, etc.
- LOC is a unit of HCA Healthcare UK – one of the largest healthcare organisation in the UK.
- State of the art cancer diagnostic facilities.
- Cancer treatment methodologies offered by the cancer hospital are:
- Clinical trials
- Cancer Surgery
- Cancer Genetics
- Hormone Therapy
- Targeted Therapies
Address: 95 Harley St, Marylebone, London W1G 6AF, United Kingdom
Guy’s Cancer Centre
Key features of Guy’s Cancer Centre:
- Guy’s Cancer Centre is one of the leading cancer care provider in London and United Kingdom and follows the latest internationally acclaimed practices for diagnosing and treating various forms of cancer.
- Home of some of the best cancer specialists and oncologists in London.
- Psychological and Emotional support.
- Care Quality Commision (CCQ) regulates the services at Guy’s Cancer Centre.
- Dignostic facilities available at the hospital are:
- Blood tests
- MRI Scans
- PET Scans
- Nuclear Medicine Scans
- Breast imaging including mammography.
- Guy’s Cancer Centre facilitates modern cancer treatment methods including:
- Drug and biological therapies
Address: Cancer Centre, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
London Health Sciences Centre
Key features of London Health Sciences Centre:
- London Health Sciences Centre is another renowned healthcare provided to the people of London since 1875.
- London Health Sciences Centre is home to:
- Children’s Health Foundation
- The London Regional Cancer Care Program
- Lawson Health Research Institute
- World-class cancer care facility.
- LRCP provides inpatient and outpatient cancer care including radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Address: 800 Commissioners Rd E, London, ON N6A 5W9, Canada
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
Key highlights of Bupa Cromwell Hospital:
- Bupa Cromwell is another one of the top cancer hospitals in London which is internationally acclaimed for its quality cancer care services.
- The hospital was established in the year 1981 as state of the art facility.
- Cutting edge tools and technologies for performing complex surgeries to provide cancer treatment.
- The hospital make use of standard modern diagnostic machines and technologies including:
- Sentinel Node Biopsy
- PET CT Scan
- MRI Scans
Address: 164-178 Cromwell Rd, Kensington, London SW5 0TU, United Kingdom
With this we sum up our list of best cancer hospitals in London. Hope this list will help you to find a good cancer treatment centre for you. If you have any questions related to your disease from diagnosis to treatment, you can write us at [email protected] We will be more than happy to assist you.