Kolkata is another major city in India where there are good number of cancer hospitals. So if you belong from the city and are looking for a good cancer hospital to begin treatment, this article will help you in taking an informed decision. Here we have compiled a list of best cancer hospitals in Kolkata which provide quality, affordable, and best cancer treatment with the help of latst technologies, cutting edge equipment, and global innovations.
Let’s now see each of these best cancer hosiptals in Kolkata, India in detail.
Tata Medical Center, Kolkata
Key highlights of Tata Medical Center:
- Tata Medical Center is one of best cancer hospitals in Kolkata as it is dedicated in delivering cancer care with cutting edge technology and world renowned healthcare professionals.
- State of the art cancer center offering comprehensive cancer care.
- 75% of the total 437 beds are embarked for people belonging to weaker financial section of the society.
- Experts from various branchs of oncology i.e., medical, radiation, and surgical oncology comes together to make a combined decision regarding diagnosis and treatment of a patient.
- Advanced technologies available at the hospital are Digital and Molecular Imaging, Molecular Pathology, and latest equipment in the radiation oncology department.
Address: 14 MAR (E-W), New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata 700 160, West Bengal, India.
Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata
Key highlights of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata:
- Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute is one of best government cancer hospitals in Kolkata which was inaugurated by Madame J Curie in the year 1950.
- Initially, it was a cancer treatment center but now it is also involved in clinical research.
- High standard surgical and radiation department.
- Special Clinics for Mastectomy and Laryngectomy.
- Latest technologies and equipment available at Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, Kolkata – Modern X-Ray, Mammography, modern Brachytherapy units, computerized Treatment Planning System, etc.
Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose Cancer Institute, Kolkata
Key highlights of Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose Cancer Institute, Kolkata:
- Netaji Shubhash Chandra Bose Cancer Institute is considered to be one of the top cancer hospitals in Kolkata as it offers world-class care to cancer patients.
- Offers best therapeutic and diagnostic services.
- Provide affordable cancer treatment services to people belonging from poor section of the society.
- Pediatric Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology – General OPD, Chemotherapy unit, Day care unit, and Critical Care Unit.
- Laboratory facilities – Pathology, Cytology, Hematology, FACS, Biochemistry, etc.
- Imaging facilities – Color Doppler, ECG, PET CT, Nuclear Medicine, 2D Echo, etc.
Saroj Gupta Cancer & Research Institute, Kolkata
Key highlights of Saroj Gupta Cancer & Research Institute, Kolkata:
- Saroj Gupta Cancer & Reseach Institute was established in the year 1973 with the sole aim to serve cancer patients from under privileged sections of the society.
- Since its inception, the hospital has become one of the key players in providing cancer treatment facilities to economically poor people.
- 311 beds capacity. The hospital is spread over 16 acres of land.
- Latest cancer diagnostic facilities and Radiotherapy machines.
HCG Hospitals, Kolkata
Key highlights of HCG Hospitals, Kolkata:
- HCG EKO Center has emerged as one of the best cancer hospitals in Kolkata as it provides complete care to cancer patients by adapting to latest global innovations in the healthcare industry.
- 90 beds capacity.
- Departments for cancer treatment at HCG EKO center, Kolkata – Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, etc.
- The hospital was first to introduce the Radixact Radiation Machine in India.
- Clinical team of highly qualified, trained, and experienced oncologist from various branches.
- Provide latest cancer treatment methods including Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Radiation Therapy, Immunotherapy, Personalized Therapy, etc.
Address: Plot no.- DG-4, Premises, 03-358, Street Number 358, DG Block(Newtown), Action Area I, Newtown, Kolkata, West Bengal 700156, India.
Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata
Key highlights of Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata:
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata is one of the best cancer hospitals in Kolkata. It is a 510 bedded multispecialty tertiary care hospital.
- JCI accredited.
- It is joint venture of Apollo Group of Hospitals, India and Parkway Health of Singapore.
- The hospital introduced Novalis Tx with BrainLAB – a revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy.
- Latest technolgies available at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata – IGRT, IMRT, Brchytherapy, Radiosurgery, etc.
Address: 58, Canal Circular Rd, Kadapara, Phool Bagan, Kankurgachi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054.
AMRI Hospitals, Kolkata
Key highlights of AMRI hospitals, Kolkata:
- AMRI hospital is a premier healthcare provide in the Eastern India and is also marking itself in the list of best cancer hospitals in Kolkata.
- State of the art daycare center.
- 1000 beds (700 beds to be added) across its four hospitals in Kolkata and 5000 healthcare professionals.
- NABH and NABL accredited.
- Ranked 2nd among private hospitals in East zone under the category ‘Best Tertiary Care Hospitals in India’ in The Week-AC Nielsen Survey 2017
Address: Block-A, Scheme-L11 P-4&5, Gariahat Rd, Dhakuria, Kolkata, West Bengal 700029
Belle Vue Clinic, Kolkata
Key highlights of Belle Vue Clinic, Kolkata:
- Since its inception in1967, Belle Vue Clinic has emerged as one of the best cancer hospitals in Kolkata.
- The focus of the hospital is on recovery, reassurance, relief, and rehabilitation of cancer patients.
- 241 bed multispecialty hospital that provides affordable healthcare services to cancer patients.
- Known for advancement in Cardiology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Urology, and complete outdoor diagnostics.
Address: 9, Dr. U. N. Brahmachari Street (Formerly Loudon Street), Elgin, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata
Key highlights of Woodlands Hospital, Kolkata:
- Woodlands Hospital is one the leading healthcare providers in Kolkata. The hospital was first started as a tertiary care unit and now it has grown into a multispecialty hospital.
- Deliver high quality and compassionate care to people affected by cancer.
- NABH accredited.
- Pharmacie De Qualite certified – First in the Eastern India region.
- International patient services.
- Uses minimally invasive image guided methods to diagnose and treat various forms of cancer.
Address: 8/5, Alipore Rd, Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal 700027
Nightingale Hospital, Kolkata
Key highlights of Nightingale Hospital, Kolkata:
- Nightingale Hospital is another good cancer hospital in Kolkata which aims to use latest technology and experienced support staff to provide complete care.
- Departments of Oncology at the hospital – Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, etc.
- Latest technologies and tools for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Cancer Treatment methods available – Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Radiation Therapy, Immunotherapy, etc.
Address: 11, Kankaria Estates, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700071
With this we sum our listing of best cancer hospitals in Kolkata. Hope the list will help you in taking a better and informed decision.
So these hospitals may be visited for staging and treatment of anal, bone, brain, breast, bladder, cervical, colon, esophageal, head and neck (oral, oropharyngeal, laryngeal, hypopahryngeal, nasopharyngeal cancer) , kidney, liver, lung, ovarian, pancreatic, prostate, skin, stomach, sarcoma (soft tissue sarcoma, GIST, kaposi sarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma), testicular, thyroid or uterine cancer or leukemia (ALL, AML, CLL, CML), lymphoma, myeloma.
We have also made cancer hospital lists based on popular cities. Do check them out to find alternate options and find best cancer hospitals pan India – Delhi | Ahmedabad | Punjab | Kerala | Pune | Chennai | Gujarat | Mumbai | Bangalore.