Cancer is a disease which drains a person and his/her family both emotionally and financially. Fortunately, there are many world-class government and private hospitals operating in India to provide internationally accepted cancer diagnosis and treatment services to help people battle against this widely spread disease. Everday more and more people are getting diagnosed from cancer. The North Eastern region of India is not an exception. Fortunately, the region is not deprived of some best hospitals. Here, I have compiled a list of 10 best cancer hospitals in Guwahati, Assam.
We have also made cancer hospital lists based on popular cities. Do check them out to find alternate options and find best cancer hospitals pan India – Delhi | Ahmedabad | Kolkata | Punjab | Kerala | Pune | Chennai | Gujarat | Mumbai | Bangalore.
Apollo Hospital, Guwahati
Key features of Apollo Hospital:
- Apollo Hospital is one of the best hospitals in Guwahati which is 214-bedded multi specialty hospital providing extensive cancer care with backing from clinical experts in the field of oncology.
- The Centers of Excellence in the Apollo Hospital, Guwahati – Cardiac Sciences, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Paediatrics, Opthalmology, Gastroenterology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Urology, and ENT.
- 24*7 Accident & Emergency Care.
- 28 state of the art ICU beds.
- NABL Accredited 24*7 laboratory with latest cutting edge equipment and fully integrated Lab Information System.
- 15 bedded Dialysis Center.
Address: Apollo Hospitals, Guwahati, Unit: International Hospitals Lotus Tower, Christian Basti, G.S.Road, Guwahati – 781 005
Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Guwahati
Key features of Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Guwahati:
- Naryana Superspecialty Hospital, Guwahati is a unit of Narayana Health.
- It is super specialty hospital with 33 specialty departments and brings world-class cancer care services and specialists together to make cancer treatment available to the masses.
- The hospital is equipped with latest equipment:
- 1.5 Tesla MRI.
- 128 Slice CT Scan.
- Digital X-Ray.
- Advanced Cath lab.
- Digital X-Ray.
- State of the art equipment in Operation Theatres and ICUs.
- Modern hospital design and infrastructure.
- Rehabilitationa and therapy centres for cancer patients.
- 60 beds for critical care.
- Non-invasive Cardiology: Echo, TMT, Holter Monitor.
- 24/7 Emergency services, pharmacy, blood bank, ambulance, and other required facilities are available.
Address: Tularam Bafna, Civil Hospital complex, Amingoan, Guwahati, Assam – 781031
Gauhati Medical College and Hospital
Key features of GMCH Cancer Hospital:
- Gauhati Medical College Hospital is a tertiary care hospital with a bed strength of 2185.
- The hospital has all the super specialty departments for cancer care.
- Gauhati Medical College and Hospital is soon going to start a 200 bedded hospital with latest technologies like linear accelerator and other state of the art equipment.
- 27*7 indoor pharmacy.
- 24*7 diagnostic department covering Radiology and Biochemistry investigations.
Address: Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam 781032
Cachar Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
Key highlights of Cachar Cancer Hospital and Research Centre:
- Cachar Cancer Hospital and Research Centre is one of the best cancer hospitals in Guwahati which provide affordable treatment with best healthcare services to cancer patients.
- The hospital offers a wide spectrum of oncology services from diagnostic facilties to latest cancer treatment methodologies.
- The hospital’s medical team consists of 9 full-time physicians:-3 surgical oncologists, 1 radiation oncologist, 1 medical oncologist, 1 palliative care physician, 1 pathologist, 1 dental surgeon and a blood bank medical officer.
- In addition to these doctors, there are 5 part time specialists, 11 nurses, 41 health workers, 16 technicians, and other support staff.
- Medical Facilities:
- Department of Surgical Oncology.
- Department of Radiation Oncology.
- Department of Medical Oncology.
- Department of Molecular Oncology.
- Department of Radio Diagnosis & Imaging
- Department of Pain & Palliative Care
Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute
Key highlights of Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute:
- Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute was set up by “Dr. B. Borooah Cancer Society Trust” – a voluntary organisation.
- The hospital became functional in the year 1974 and was recognized as Regional Cancer Center by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in 1980.
- Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute is spread over 14 acres of land and almost 12,000 new & 80,000 old cancer patients visit the hospital every year.
- 127 beds capacity (100 for general public and 27 executive guest house for patients and relatives.
- The Department of Radiotherapy have all the sophisticated equipment including:
- 4 linear accelerators.
- 6FFF and SRS/SRT.
- Latest technologies are used for cancer diagnosis in the hospital including:
- Digital X-Ray.
- 1.5 Tesla MRI.
- 64 Slice CT Scan.
- C-arm X Ray.
- Computerised Radiography System.
- Spect Gamma Camera Machine
- Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
Address: Gopinath Nagar, A K Azad Road, Guwahati-781016,
North East Cancer Hospital And Research Institute
Key highlights of North East Cancer Hospital and Reseach Institute:
- North East Cancer Hospital and Research Institute was set up in the year 2008 and since its inception it has grown to be one of the best cancer hospitals in Guwahati and for Indians belonging to the North East region.
- All facilties for diagnosing and treating various forms of cancer are present under the single roof.
- The main departments of the hospital are:
- Department of Surgical Oncology
- Department of Medical Oncology
- Department of Radiation Oncology
- Department of Radio Diagnosis and Imaging.
- Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Department of Tumor Registry & Epidemiology
- Department of Prevention Oncology
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Research and Medical Analysis, etc.
- The hospital is equipped with latest cutting edge technologies for diagnosing various cancers including:
- Mobile X-Ray unit.
- Endoscopy (Karl Storz, Germany).
- Ultrasonography with Color Doppler.
- CT Scan( Somatom Emotion Duo, Siemens, Germany).
- Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging.
- Radiotherapy facilities offered by the hospital:
- Computerised Tomographic Simulation (Siemens, USA).
- Linear Accelerator (Siemens, Germany )
- Radiation Scanner (CRS, USA)
- Treatment Planning System (Odyssey, Permedics, USA)
Key features of Arya Hospital:
- Arya Hospital is a unit of North Eastern Reseach Institute Limited – a public limited company with sole aim to make world-class healthcare facilites reach within every individual of the Nothern Indian region.
- State of the art hospital infrastructure.
- The hospital performs various types of surgeries like ENT surgery, Neuro Surgery, etc. at very nominal costs.
- Comprehensive cancer care services.
- More than 1000 Total joint (hip, knee, etc.) replacement surgery.
- Air conditioned OPD with 15 consultation chambers and a comfortable waiting area for patients.
- Highly skilled professionals.
Address: AM Rd, Opposite Apsara Cinema, Manipuri Rajbari, Rehabari, Guwahati, Assam 781008
Guwahati Neuro Research Centre Ltd
Key Features of Guwahati Neuro Research Centre Ltd:
- Guwahati Neuro Research Centre Ltd is another one of the top cancer hospitals in Guwahati. It is a 135-bedded super specialty tertiary care hospital designed to provide quality care services in the fields of Neurology, Neuro Surgery, Cardiology, etc.
- Other specialities of GNRC includes:
- General Medicine.
- Blood Bank.
- Interventional Radiology.
- Rehabilitation, and many others.
- State of the art medical equipment in Operation Theatres.
- Diagnostic facilities available at the hospital:
- Color Doppler Test.
- Blood Test.
- CT Scan.
- NABH accredited.
Address: GNRC Rd, Dispur, Rukmini Gaon, Guwahati, Assam 781006
Key features of NEMCARE Hospital:
- NEMCARE Hospital is a private multi-speciality hospital with 100 beds.
- The aim of this cancer hospital in Guwahati is to provide best care to cancer patients at very affordable costs so that most people can avail it.
- Full fledged diagnostic laboratory with sophisticated equipment.
- The Radiology unit of NEMCARE Hospital provide following facilities:
- Computed Tomography.
- Ultrasonography with Color Doppler.
- X-Ray, etc.
Address: G.S.Road, Bhangagarh, Guwahati, Assam, India, PIN: 781005
Oriental Cancer Institute
Key features of Oriental Cancer Institute:
- Oriental Cancer Institute was established by a group of cancer specialists who wanted to provide affordable and holistic cancer treatment services to people affected by cancer.
- Dedicated day care chemotherapy unit.
- Psychological counselling provided to cancer patients.
- Department of Oncology to provide cancer treatment via chemotherapy and surgery.
Address: Sreenagar Rd, Sree Nagar, Guwahati, Assam 781005